Some 2,975 students were awarded a variety of degrees – undergraduate, graduate and M.D. – during the University of Vermont’s 214th commencement ceremonies on May 17. Among degree recipients were students from 42 states and 85 international students from 16 countries. A list of local students and the degree earned by each follows:
– Lily Murolo, of Mattapoisett, graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Community & International Development from the College of Agriculture & Life Sciences
– Jordan Seim, of Marion, graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Global Studies from the College of Arts & Sciences
– Taylor Audette, of Mattapoisett, graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Environmental Studies from the College of Arts & Sciences
The following students were named to the University of Vermont Dean’’ List. To be named to the dean’s list, students must have a grade point average of 3.0 or better and rank in the top 20 percent of their class in their respective college or school.
– Nathaniel J. Fuchs of Mattapoisett is a Junior Individually Designed major
– India E. Krawczyk of Rochester is a Senior Anthropology major
– Stephanie A. Sheehan of Rochester is a first-year Zoology major
Ryan Muther of Marion was honored at Union College’s annual Prize Day celebration. Students were honored for achievement in academics, research, service and governance. Muther was honored with the Joseph D. Doty Prize, to the junior or senior who, in the judgment of the History Department, has done work of outstanding merit.