The Town of Marion Open Space Acquisition Commission has a vacancy from the resignation of Randy Parker.
An ideal member would have one or more of the followings/knowledge areas:
– Familiarity with local real estate practices, including title searches, civil engineering, and local zoning and environmental permitting.
– GIS mapping skills
– Knowledge of southcoast environmental and open space groups
– Familiarity with other stake holders (hunters, young families, dog walkers, hikers, scouts)
– Web site development and maintenance skills
– Committed to open space (able to devote time to meetings and activities)
– Able to help with trail maintenance
– Heavy equipment operators
If you are interested on serving on this Town Board, please contact the Open Space Acquisition Commission at firstname.lastname@example.org or call one of the members. Please respond by July 15. We will meet with the folks who respond and will make a recommendation to the BOS for appointment until the next election.