• Girls: The Gateway Girls defeated the Cape Cod Wave 4-0 Sunday at Tabor. Madison Guinen and Julia Elicier each chipped in a goal while Meghan Craig posted her first-ever career shutout. Their next game is Sunday vs. the Newport Whalers.
• Squirts 1: The Gateway Ice Wolves played three games on Sunday. In their first game against Braintree, the Ice Wolves came away with a victory. Earning a shutout in net was Thomas Galavotti. Leading the way in scoring was Seth Tomasik with a hat trick. Madison Guinen also chipped in with her first goal of the season.
The Ice Wolves then played a tough Nantucket team in a double header. They lost both games, not for lack of effort from Alex DeMarco, who played great in both games. Tyler Lovendale had the lone goal. The Ice Wolves will be back in action on Saturday, December 15 playing two games.
• Pee Wees: The Gateway Gladiators suffered back-to-back losses this weekend against Martha’s Vineyard, 8-0 and 10-2, but showed true grit through much of both games. Players utilized their passing drills worked on in practice and were a much better team in the second game, adapting to the islanders’ intense passing game. Scoring the goals for the Gladiators were Nick Snow and Matt Maloney. Coaches expect additional adjustments and even more out of the team in the weeks and games to come.
• Bantams: The Bantams took another victory this week against Hanover by the score of 6-2. Scoring goals were Sean Kelso with two, Brian Holmes, Alex Atkinson, Mike Houdlette and Will Paling with one goal each. Brian Holmes had two assists and Brady Smith had one. A.J. Bridges and Chase Cunningham had a great night in the net.
• Middle School: The Wareham Vikings Middle School team earned a hard-fought victory Friday night over Yarmouth Dennis 2-1 at CDL arena in Raynham. The game featured outstanding defensive play from Jake Tomasik and Matt Maloney, with Gateway keeping the puck in the Yarmouth zone for much of the first period. Mike Houdlette started the second period with a breakaway and a fantastic pass to Connor Kelley, who scored to take a 1-0 lead. Houdlette found the back of the net once again at the 8:15 mark in the second period to push the Viking lead to two. Kate Kelley made two more shots on net that were blocked by the YD goalie. Teaghin Andre was solid in the net for the first half of the game before turning duties over to Chase Cunningham midway through the second period. Heading into the final period, Yarmouth took advantage of a deflection, sneaking one by Cunnigham to cut the lead to one. The Viking defense tightened with first-rate play from Coleby Paling and several outstanding saves by Cunningham. Late in the third period, YD pulled their goalie and Wareham fought off a 6-on-3 power play to preserve the 2-1 victory.