The Mattapoisett Fire Department has been busy during the last day, at 10:15am they were called to the Mattapoisett Boat Yard for a propane tank fire. The first unit on scene found a propane tank burning under a boat, which was on stands. The Department was able to shut off the gas and extinguish the fire quickly; they then remained at the scene to cool the tank by flushing it with water.
At 8:25pm on Monday night the Mattapoisett Fire Department was called to a home on Mattapoisett Neck Road for a chimney fire. The first units on scene reported they had smoke in the building and all three fire engines from Mattapoisett responded to the incident. The fire had spread from the chimney into the living room and was extinguished before it could spread farther. The home also sustained smoke damage.
The Fairhaven and Rochester Fire Departments assisted at the scene and the Marion Fire Department covered the Mattapoisett Fire Station during the operation.