The Mattapoisett Cultural Council has changed its funding priorities. While it continues to seek to support applicants who choose to direct their talents toward the development of internal individual thoughts and emotions of their audiences, in this funding cycle, the Council will give priority to those projects that:
1. Reflect an encouragement of regional arts, artists, and/or the humanities.
2. Promote community building by clearly involving other people, groups, and organizations within the Mattapoisett community. The Council continues to accept field trip grant requests, called “PASS” grants.
The Council will also give funding preference, for this grant cycle, to those projects that are Interpretive Sciences projects (“…engage people of all ages in learning about nature, science and technology in ways that explain how they relate to people’s lives.”).
The application forms have changed, and along with the guidelines and instructions for application, are available online at the Massachusetts Cultural Council website. Regulations governing Council funds require that:
• All applications are expected to be complete, on time and with the correct number of copies (nine) plus original.
• All successful applicants must provide proof of publicity for reimbursement.
Last year, the Mattapoisett Cultural Council had approximately $5,000 to distribute. Projects funded included:
• Buzzards Bay MusicFest
• Friends of Old Rochester Drama Improv Seminar
• Mattapoisett Free Public Library
• Mattapoisett LIONS Club Harbor Days
• Mattapoisett PTA Field Trips
For specific guidelines and complete information on the Mattapoisett Cultural Council, contact Cheryl Belknap at MattapoisettLCC@gmail.com. Application forms and more information about the Local Cultural Council Program are available online at www.massculturalcouncil.org/programs/lccgrants.asp. Application forms are also available at Town Hall. All applications must be postmarked by Monday, October 15.