• Winter/Spring Classes – The Marion Art Center is now accepting registrations for its Winter-Spring classes. A non-profit organization dedicated to promoting the visual and performing arts, the Marion Art Center has been offering classes to children for over 25 years and is located at 80 Pleasant Street in Marion. Members of the Marion Art Center are offered a discount on tuition for all classes except piano. For more information about all the classes offered, please call 508-748-1266.
• Monday Dance Academy – Monday Dance Academy includes classical dance instruction in ballet, tap, jazz and basic tumbling. Preschool (age 3 to 4) will meet from 4:30 to 5:00 and tuition is $135/$150; Kinderstep (age 5) will meet from 5:00 to 5:45 and tuition is $150/$165; Beginner (age 6 to 7) will meet from 5:45 to 6:30 and tuition is $150/$165. Classes start week of February 6. Teah Johnson is instructor.
• Wednesday Dance Academy – Wednesday Dance Academy includes Intermediate (age 8 – 12) 5:30 to 6:15, $150/$165; classical dance instruction in ballet, tap, jazz and basic tumbling as well as Hip Hop I (age 6 – 9) 4:30 – 5:00 $135/$150; Gymnastics (age 6 to 12) 5:00 to 5:30 $135/$150; Hip Hop II (age 6 to 12) 6:15 – 6:45 $135/$150. Dancers may add another class for an extra $85. Classes start week of February 6. Teah Johnson is instructor.
• Little People’s Theatre – The Little People’s Theatre (ages 5 to 9) meets on Tuesdays, 4:30 to 5:30. Session III is December 6 to January 17. Session IV is January 24 to March 6; Session V is March 13 to April 24 and Session VI is May 1 to June 9. Each week, the children will learn basic theater craft through drama games, readers’ theater and experience the fun of the stage while rehearsing for a small production to be performed the last week of each session. Nancy Sparklin is the instructor. Nancy is the Director of MAC’s summer art program “ArtStart” and has been the Musical Director and accompanist for many shows both at MAC and around the community. The fee for each six-week session is $75/$90.
• Young People’s Theatre – The Young People’s Theatre (ages 10 to 14) will meet on Thursdays, 4:30 to 6:00 pm. The 10-week program starts January 26. Students will learn basic theater craft through the process of putting on a production. Kimberly Teves, instructor. The fee for the 10-week session is $160/175.
• Junior Show Choir – The Junior Show Choir (ages 7 to 12) will meet on Wednesdays, 5:30 to 6:30. The 10-week session will start January 25. This choral program offers group vocal instruction, rehearsing and performing in a staged medley with emphasis on dance-type movement combined with choral singing. Vocal Instructor: Cassandra Morgan; Music Accompanist: Jamie Wiksten; Dance Instructor: Jill Foye. Fee: $150 for MAC members/$165 for non-members.
• Piano Lessons – Piano lessons for preschoolers are offered by appointment on Friday mornings. Jamie Wiksten, is the instructor. For more information, call 508-295-0379 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Private piano lessons for beginners and intermediates are offered by appointment with Nancy Sparklin, instructor – 508-763-2327.
The Marion Art Center is open to the public Tuesday through Friday, 1:00 to 5:00 pm and Saturdays, 10:00 am to 2:00 pm. The Marion Art Center is located at 80 Pleasant Street (the corner of Main and Pleasant Streets) in Marion.