• Wednesday, September 19 – Beach Trip – Crabs, Pipefish and Silversides, oh my! Let’s take a walk down to the Harbormaster’s Beach and see what we can identify while using the museum’s seining net.
• Wednesday, October 10 – ROCKETS! Each child will have his or her own rocket with motor to assemble and set off. WARNING – THESE ARE NOT THE SODA BOTTLE ROCKETS! The program is limited to ages six and up and is limited to 12, accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Parent volunteers are encouraged to help with rocket assembly. The cost for this program is $20 per participant. Please submit payment to Marion Natural History Museum to hold your child’s spot. *
• Wednesday, October 24 – Soils and Soil Profiles – Is dirt just dirt? Is all soil the same? What does our soil sound like? Let’s look at what we need to have a healthy soil. Warning: you may get a little messy! *
• Wednesday, November 14 – Into the Bog with educator Dawn Allen of the Cape Cod Cranberry Growers Association (CCCGA). Dawn will be showing us the ingredients to “build a bog”. Warning: you may get a little more messy! *
• Wednesday, December 12 – Nature Crafts with the Marion Natural History Museum. We will work on projects for gift-giving using materials we find outside our front doors. Volunteers to help with crafts would be most welcome.
* Light refreshments will be served.
Given recent events (the museum’s ceiling is being worked on), we will be holding our fall after-school programs in one of two locations within walking distance of Sippican School. Please see the museum’s website for final program location.