The 2011/2012 concert season, the Tri-County Symphonic Band’s 50th, brings the organization back to its roots with all three former Music Directors returning to the stage. Great music, superb musicians and a wonderfully supportive audience is the right combination for this celebratory year. Please come and share in the “Tri-County experience” that has thrilled audiences for over 50 years.
• November 25, 2011, “A Tribute to the Great American Songbook” – A Special Concert to benefit the Tri-County Music Association’s Scholarship Fund. “A Tribute to the Great American Songbook” highlights the talented past recipients of the TCMA’s Scholarships and Summer Study Grants.
• December 11, 2011, “Annual Children’s Christmas Concert” – The Annual Children’s Christmas Concert, free of charge, is at the Sippican School with the Sippican School Festival Choir under the direction of Patricia Richard and members of choirs from other schools across the region.
• February 5, 2012, “Suites and Sweets” – Former Music Director Daniel Lasdow will conduct a concert of suites and other pieces for concert band. Current Music Director and euphonium player Philip Sanborn will be the featured soloist.
• March 18, 2012, “German Gems” – Original compositions for band by former Music Director George Dietzler will be framed by transcriptions from the German masters. Violinist Jesse Holstein will be the featured soloist.
• June 17, 2012, “Three Generations of Disney” – The 10th Annual Benefit Pops Concert will be held at Tabor Academy, in a grand tent, and highlight the three generations of music from the world of Walt Disney. Ice cream, cupcakes and cappuccino will highlight this festive event.
For more detailed information, please visit: TriCountySymphonicBand.org.