Mattapoisett resident Miguel Ortiz received a Bachelor’s degree at the 150th Worcester Polytechnic Institute Commencement on Saturday, May 12.
The following local residents were among 1,474 students from Worcester Polytechnic Institute(WPI) named to the university’s Dean’s List for academic excellence for the spring 2018 semester.
– Nicole Mattson of Marion is a member of the class of 2020 majoring in biomedical engineering.
– Alex Tavares of Marion is a member of the class of 2020 majoring in computer science.
– Drew Robert of Mattapoisett is a member of the class of 2020 majoring in robotics engineering and mechanical engineering.
– Chad Underhill of Rochester is a member of the class of 2019 majoring in computer science.
– Edward Krawczyk of Rochester is a member of the class of 2020 majoring in electrical and computer engineering.
The criteria for the WPI Dean’s List differs from most other universities as WPI does not compute a grade point average (GPA). Instead, WPI defines the Dean’s List by the amount of work completed at the A level in courses and projects.
Northeastern Universityis pleased to recognize those students who distinguish themselves academically during the course of the school year. The following students were recently named to the University’s dean’s list for the spring semester, which ended in April 2018.
– Marion resident Terence Lee, majoring in Behavioral Neuroscience
– Mattapoisett resident Amanda Carreiro, majoring in Health Science
– Mattapoisett resident Isatu Malekani, majoring in Biology
– Mattapoisett resident James Goulart, majoring in Chemistry
– Mattapoisett resident Matthew Dunham, majoring in Political Science/Economics
To achieve the dean’s list distinction, students must carry a full program of at least four courses, have a quality point average of 3.5 or greater out of a possible 4.0 and carry no single grade lower than a C- during the course of their college career. Each student receives a letter of commendation and congratulation from their college dean.
In honor of their outstanding academic achievement, Emmanuel Collegehas named more than 600 students to the Dean’s List for the spring 2018 semester. To earn a spot on the Dean’s List, Emmanuel students must achieve a grade point average of 3.5 or higher for a 16-credit semester. Local students on the Dean’s List include:
– Meghan Pachico of Marion
– Stephen Parziale of Marion
– William Santos of Marion
Jessica Walther of Marion graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Professional Nursing during commencement ceremonies on May 20, 2018, at the University of Vermont.