The following Tri-Town residents were among 1,319 students from Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI) named to the university’s Dean’s List for academic excellence for the spring 2017 semester:
– Nicole Mattson of Marion is a member of the class of 2020 majoring in biomedical engineering.
– Alex Tavares of Marion is a member of the class of 2020 majoring in robotics engineering and computer science.
– Drew Robert of Mattapoisett is a member of the class of 2020 majoring in robotics engineering.
– Edward Krawczyk of Rochester is a member of the class of 2020 majoring in robotics engineering.
– Chad Underhill of Rochester is a member of the class of 2019 majoring in computer science.
The criteria for the WPI Dean’s List differs from most other universities as WPI does not compute a grade point average (GPA). Instead, WPI defines the Dean’s List by the amount of work completed at the A level in courses and projects.
Isabella King of Marion qualified for the spring 2017 Dean’s List at Belmont University. Eligibility is based on a minimum course load of 12 hours and a quality grade point average of 3.5 with no grade below a C.
Joshua Evan Powers of Mattapoisett graduated Magna Cum Laude with a BS in Accounting from Endicott College on Saturday, May 20, 2017. Mr. Powers is an ORRHS alumni class of 2013.
The following local residents have been named to Emerson College’s Dean’s List for the spring 2017 semester. The requirement to make the Dean’s List is a grade point average of 3.7 or higher.
– Victor Morrison, a Writing, Lit and Publishing major, of Rochester
– Abigail Morrill, a Journalism major, of Mattapoisett
– Samantha Babineau, a Communication Disorders major, of Rochester
Erin Murphy of Rochester recently was graduated from Florida Gulf Coast University with a Bachelor of Arts from the College of Arts and Sciences.
Meredith Welsh, daughter of Dr. And Mrs. Jason Reynolds of Marion, graduated from Boston University School of Public Health with a Master’s degree in Public Health on May 20, 2017. She was also inducted into the Health Policy and Management Upsilon Phi Delta Honor Society. Meredith will continue her education at the University of Massachusetts Medical School’s Doctor of Nursing Practice program.