Fitness Room Is Up & Running: The Fitness Room is open and available for members to use. Become a member by paying $20 a month membership fee and use the equipment as many times as it is open in that month. The Fitness Room schedule is Mondays & Wednesdays, 8:00 – 11:00 am, and Fridays 1:00 – 4:00 pm. As membership grows, we will increase the number of times it will be available. A packet, with required registration forms to participate, is available for pick-up at the Senior Center Office at any time. Anyone is welcome to become a member. Call Tammy, group leader, at 508-763-8723 with any questions.
Ring in the New Year 2016 at the Annual New Year’s Eve Party at the Senior Center! Everyone is welcome to join us at our annual New Year’s Eve Party on Thursday, December 31 from 12:00 – 2:00 pm as we welcome in 2016 in grand fashion! Lots of great food, music, noisemakers, and best wishes for a Happy New Year abound as we count down to 2016, and the senior center shares its rendition of “watching the ball drop”!! A good time will most certainly be had by all! This is a complimentary event. All we ask is that you sign up with us in advance, so that we are able to prepare enough of everything for everyone who comes! 508-763-8723.
Old Colony Students Offer Computer Classes: The IT students will be here on Fridays, January 8, 15, & 29 from 12:30 – 1:30 pm. Any senior who has computer-related questions or just wants to learn more about using a computer is welcome to come on down and meet the students!
The Friends of the Rochester Senior Center will hold their Annual Meeting on Wednesday, January 13 at 10:15 am. The slate of officers for a new year will be voted on, and new fundraisers will be discussed. All Friends Members are welcome to attend.
The newly formed Book Club will meet again on Tuesday, January 19 at 10:15 am to review Little Princes: One Man’s Promise to Bring Home the Lost Children of Nepal by Conor Grennan. Free. Anyone is welcome.
Manicures Anyone? The Cosmetology Students from Old Colony Regional Vocational Technical High School will be offering free manicures and hand massages at the Senior Center to anyone who is interested on Tuesday, January 19 from 10:15 – 11:15 am. Anyone is welcome to come. Come on down for a real treat!
January COA Day Trip: “Winter Wonderland of Orchids” Show, Hyannis on Saturday, January 23. Leave at 9:00 am; return at 4:00 pm; $10 admission; lunch nearby. Call the Senior Center at 508-763-8723 to reserve your spot.
“How to Eat Out the Healthy Way” Join Stephanie Boulay, Dietitian from Coastline, as she discusses “Eating Out” with us on Tuesday, January 26 at 10:15 am. Please sign up in advance for this free program by calling 508-763-8723.
Monthly Programs at the Rochester Senior Center:
– The Pampered Chef Demo & Luncheon: Monday, January 11, 11:30 am & 12:00 pm; $4 suggested donation; pre-registration recommended.
– Soup & Sandwich Lunches: Mondays, 12:00 pm; $4 suggested donation; pre-registration recommended.
Weekly Classes/Programs at the Rochester Senior Center:
– Chair Yoga: Mondays, 1:00 – 2:00 pm; $3 suggested donation
– Busy Bees Craft Group: Thursdays, 9:00 – 11:30 am; Free
– Painters Group: Mondays, 9:30 am – 12:00 pm; Free
– Line Dancing: Tuesdays, 2:30 – 4:00 pm, Fridays, 9:30 – 11:00 am; $2 suggested donation per class
– BINGO: Wednesdays, 12:30 – 3:00 pm
– Stepping & Stretching Exercise Program: Tuesdays & Thursdays, 1:00 – 2:00 pm; $2 suggested donation per class
– Ballroom Dancing: Wednesdays, 10:00 – 11:00 am; $4 per person per class
– Cardio Dance-Fit Exercise Program: Tuesdays, 9:00 – 10:00 am; $4 per class
– Scrabble: Tuesdays, 9:00 am; Free
– Blood Pressure Checks: Mondays, 10:30 am – 12:00 pm
– Congregate Lunches (from Coastline): Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday, 11:30 am; $2 suggested donation per person per day; 24-hour pre-registration required. Call 508-763-8723.
– Ye Olde Breakfast Shoppe: Open for Business Mondays-Fridays, 7:00 – 9:00 am. Order & pay from Breakfast Menu. Anyone of any age & any town is welcome.