The Wanderer - Mobile Edition
ROCHESTER SELECTMEN'S MEETING
Board Forms Annex Study Committee
Rochester Board of Selectmen
By Jean Perry
Shortly after the adjournment of the joint meeting of the Tri-Town selectmen on December 15, the Rochester Board of Selectmen held their own meeting and established the ad hoc Town Hall Annex Study Committee it promised to create, after the board's Special Town Meeting article to fund a feasibility study to build a new annex failed.
In a follow-up interview the next day with Town Administrator Michael McCue, he gave a general description of what took place during the brief selectmen's meeting and described the composition of the new study committee.
"It will be the three selectmen, two at-large members, myself the town administrator, Andrew Daniel the facilities manager, and Highway Surveyor Jeffrey Eldridge," said McCue.
Selectmen will advertise for the two resident at-large spots on the board and address the matter at the next meeting.
Also during the meeting, selectmen approved a list of goals and objectives for McCue for the coming year. McCue provided these goals and objectives in an email on December 16:
- Town bylaws/amendments written into a single document
- Direct Town Hall Annex/Building an annex
- Examine options to improve town cash flow
- Work with water commission on water issues-New Bedford issues
- Rochester/Marion water contract
- Redesign evaluation forms in consideration of department heads goals and objectives
- Complete review of current policies and procedures
- Establish quarterly inspection of all town-owned facilities
The next scheduled meeting of the Rochester Board of Selectmen is January 5 at 6:30 pm at the Rochester Town Hall.
Copyright Wanderer Com Inc.